This week continues with Telugu <-> Tamil tunes.
1. Chalti ka naam (Chettukinda pleader)
This tune is taken from Chinnamani kuyile (Amman kovil kizhakkale), with same tune and interludes.
2. Endhirayyo (Shivashankar)
The famous Manguyile from Karagattakkaran. Even before Raja amazed us with alternate tunes for this song during the recent One Man Show program, he has done it in this Telugu version.
3. Neethone danka (Stuartpuram police station)
Vadi en kappa kizhange (Alaigal oyvadhillai) given a melodious twist. SPB’s singing adds more zeal to it.
4. Vana mayuri kulike (Kirathakudu)
Kavidhai padu kuyile (Thendrale ennai thodu). This song is almost the same as original.
5. Eenadu vidiponi (Sri Kanakamahalakshmi Record Dance Troupe)
This is another classic example of how Maestro can make a song out of the BGM. This song is based on a BGM theme from Swati Mutyam (Sippikkul Muthu). This request came from Vamsy, again through the K Viswanath connection. The raga mostly sounds like Chakravakam. I wish he used this tune in Tamil.